The Amazing Spider-Man
Character: Spider-Man / Peter Parker
Directed by: Marc Webb
Written by: James Vanderbilt, Alvin Sargent, Steve Kloves
Produced by: Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Laura Ziskin
Cast Members: Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, Sally Field
Released date: July 3, 2012
Genre: Action, Adventure
Duration: 136 minutes
After Peter Parker is bitten by a genetically altered spider, he gains newfound, spider-like powers and ventures out to save the city from the machinations of a mysterious reptilian foe.
– The untold story begins.
– His past was kept from him. His search for answers has just begun.
– When first wearing the Spider-Man costume Andrew Garfield admitted to shedding tears.
– During his breaks, Andrew Garfield went around New York playing basketball with kids in his Spider-Man outfit.
– Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield began dating during filming.
– Andrew Garfield requested that the song “Pure Imagination” from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) be played when filming the otherwise silent scene in which Peter goes into the web harvesting room with the spiders.
– To prepare for his role as Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield studied the movements of spiders and tried to incorporate them as much as he could: “Parker is a boy/spider in terms of how he moves, and not just in the suit.”
– Andrew Garfield took up yoga and pilates to help him be more flexible in the role of Spider-Man.
– Andrew Garfield confessed that that he didn’t wear any underwear when he wore the Spider-Man suit as it was so tight.
– Ahem. You know, in the future, if you’re going to steal cars, don’t dress like a car thief, man.
– Really? You seriously think I’m a cop? Cop in a skin-tight red and blue suit?
– We all have secrets: the ones we keep… and the ones that are kept from us.
– Uh-oh. Somebody’s been a bad lizard.