Name: Andrew Garfield
Birth name: Andrew Russell Garfield
From: Los Angeles, California, USA
Date of birth: 29 August, 1983
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Height: 5ft 10½in
- His father is British, and his mother is British. Andrew was born in Los Angeles, and moved to England at the age of three. He was brought up in Epsom, Surrey.
- His star sign is a Leo.
- His father is a swimming coach and his mother is a nursery school assistant.
- Trained at the Central School of Speech & Drama, graduating in 2004.
- Won the Milton Shulman Award for Outstanding Newcomer at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
- Won the 2004 Manchester Evening News Most Promising Newcomer Theatre Award for his performance in “Kes” at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.
- Has been considered the role of the Doctor on the BBC show Doctor Who. He previously appeared in two episodes of the show.
- He was originally asked to audition for Mark Zuckerberg in the The Social Network but David Fincher decided he was too good at wearing his heart on his sleeve to play such an emotionally guarded character. Garfield found it helpful to go from reading for Mark to reading for his eventual role of Eduardo, because he felt that Eduardo tried to understand Mark through Mark’s point of view.
- Shared the 2007 London Theatre Critics Circle Most Promising Newcomer Award with Connie Fisher.
- Was in a relationship with Shannon Woodward from 2008-2011.
- He was a huge fan of Spider-Man long before playing the part. He has said in interviews that Spider-Man was his hero growing up.
- Was in a relationship with Emma Stone from 2011 to October 2015. They met while filming The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).
- As of 2019, remains as the only Spider-Man/Peter Parker performer who is an Oscar-nominated actor and the only whose name doesn’t begin with a T (Tobey Maguire and Tom Holland come before and after him).
- He holds both British and American citizenship. Because of this, he tends to be the only British actor in American films he is in, and the only American actor in British films he is in.